Local farmers and home gardeners alike often have an abundance of zucchini. Try some zucchini fritters to make good use of your delicious abundance! If you have little ones at home, check our Zucchini version of Pint Size Produce for other zucchini-related fun!
- 1-2 medium size zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 - 1 ½ tsp salt
- 3-4 tablespoons tempura or all-purpose flour
- Wash and slice the zucchini up into small rounds.
- Whisk the egg with salt and set aside.
- Put the flour onto a plate and coat each zucchini slice.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and put in about 1 tbsp of oil.
- Using tongs, dip each floured zucchini slice into the egg mixture and pan fry on the pan.
- Pan fry each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
What's your favorite way to eat zucchini?