who is the farmland access hub
The Farmland Access Hub is a consortium of partners including non-profits, government agencies, local companies, and private citizens dedicated to assisting beginning farmers with their quest for land tenure. By bringing together this large group we can make a greater impact on land tenure in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin by:
- pooling resources and knowledge,
- identify beginning farmers in need of assistance,
- providing financial and technical resources,
- to aid in a search for land tenure, and
- search and discovery of suitable farmland.
the Farmland Access Navigators:
helping beginning farmers be better prepared to search for and acquire farmland tenure!
Knowing how to farm and having a foundational understanding of farm finances does not translate into a new farmer being able to find, afford and secure land. To address the farmland access challenges facing beginning farmers in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. We offer services that assist new, resource-limited farmers in developing an access plan that includes:
- clarifying goals,
- identifying priorities for suitable farmland,
- understanding available financing,
- reviewing personal financial readiness,
- assessing technical and practical farming skills readiness,
- understanding elements of good and equitable farmland leases,
- reviewing the suitability of specific farms, and
- providing specialized knowledge, expertise, and connections to professionals for further assistance.
These resources are offered as:
- webinars, and
- one-on-one coaching with Farmland Access Navigators,
- technical assistance from advisors
Our technical advisors include attorneys, real estate professionals, financial experts, and seasoned farmers.
ready to begin your farmland access journey? Click here to fill out our intake form
learn more about Farmland Access Navigators:
the farmland access hub is a partnership between:
Renewing the Countryside, Compeer Financial, The Conservation Fund, Dakota County, Farmers’ Legal Action Group, The Good Acre, Hmong American Farmers Association, Iroquois Valley Farms. Lakewinds Food Co-op, Land for Good, Land Stewardship Project, Sharing Our Roots, Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Minnesota Farmers Union, Minnesota Food Association, The Food Group, Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture, Practical Farmers of Iowa, Sustainable Farming Association, Twin Cities Community Agricultural Land Trust, University of Minnesota Extension
visit our partners page for more information and contacts.
additional resources and information about the farmland access project, hub, and navigators
Sign up for a land access workshop or webinar
Learn more about one-on-one guidance from our above Farmland Access Navigators
Visit our resources page
farmland access hub members
Visit our partners page
finding farmland in the metro
Zoom Video Link HERE
have farmland you'd like to sell or rent? Email us!
While the Farmland Access Hub is not a listing place for farmland (please see resources page for some in IA, MN, and WI), we do find it helpful to hear about farmland that may not be showing up on those pages listed. Farmland Access Navigators do refer to the listings on the resource pages often, but we know there are many other places where suitable farms are listed.
For general information about this project, contact:
Renewing the Countryside