who is the farmland access hub
The Farmland Access Hub is a consortium of partners including non-profits, government agencies, local companies, and private citizens dedicated to assisting beginning farmers with their quest for land tenure. By bringing together this large group we can make a greater impact on land tenure in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin by:
- pooling resources and knowledge,
- identify beginning farmers in need of assistance,
- providing financial and technical resources,
- to aid in a search for land tenure, and
- search and discovery of suitable farmland.
the farmland access navigators:
helping beginning farmers be better prepared to search for and acquire farmland tenure!
Knowing how to farm and having a foundational understanding of farm finances does not translate into a new farmer being able to find, afford and secure land. To address the farmland access challenges facing beginning farmers in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. We offer services that assists new, resource-limited farmers in developing a access plan that includes:
- clarifying the farmers goals,
- identifying priorities for suitable farmland,
- fostering and building networks to help in the search,
- develop basic literacy about types of financing are available,
- reviewing personal financial readiness,
- assessing technical and practical farming skills reddiness,
- studying elements of good and equitable farmland leases,
- reviewing suitability of specific farms, and
- providing specialized knowledge, expertise, and connections to professionals for further assistance.
These resources are offered as:
- email discussion group,
- day-long boot camps, and
- one-on-one coaching with Farmland Access Navigators.
Our technical advisors include attorneys, real estate professionals, financial experts, and seasoned farmers.
ready to begin looking for farmland? Click here to fill out our intake form
or contact the nearest farmland access navigator directly:
additional resources and information about the farmland access project, hub, and navigators
Sign up for a land access workshop, bootcamp or webinar
Learn more about one-on-one guidance from our Farmland Access Navigators
Visit our resources page
farmland access hub members
Visit our partners page
have farmland you'd like to sell or rent? Email us!
While the Farmland Access Hub is not a listing place for farmland (please see resources page for some in IA, MN, and WI), we do find it helpful to hear about farmland that may not be showing up on those pages listed. Farmland Access Navigators do refer to the listings on the resource pages often, but we know there are many other places where suitable farms are listed.
learn more about the Farmland Summit!
The Farmland Summit is convened by the Farmland Access Hub:
Renewing the Countryside, Compeer Financial, The Conservation Fund, Dakota County, Farmers’ Legal Action Group, The Good Acre, Hmong American Partnership, Hmong American Farmers Association, Iroquois Valley Farms, Lakewinds Food Co-op, Land for Good, Land Stewardship Project, Main Street Project, Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service, Mighty Axe Hops, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Minnesota Farmers Union, Minnesota Food Association/The Food Group, Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture, Practical Farmers of Iowa, Sustainable Farming Association, Twin Cities Agricultural Land Trust, University of Minnesota Extension