Is there an aspect of your specialty crop operation that has you stuck?
Renewing the Countryside is launching the first round of Specialty Crop Enhancement Teams in southeast and south central Minnesota. The goal of the program is to help edible specialty crop producers overcome obstacles, make their operation more profitable, and help them grow. We’ll work with you to put together a team of professionals to help identify and troubleshoot the obstacles you face and create a customized plan of action that will work for you!
If you’re looking for help with:
· Production issues · Profitability · Labor issues · Financing or Financial management · Energy use or conservation · Marketing · Distribution · Certification · Transitioning · Land access or management · Regulatory hurdles · Something else?
What the program offers:
· Team of professionals tailored for your business
· Customized plan for your farm business
· One to four visits to your farm
· Up to one year of assistance (plan will be tailored for your specific needs)
· Willing to work with your team
· Provide sales and productions records (all will be kept confidential)
· Commitment of one year (plans may be shorter or longer depending on your situation)
· Live within one of the counties listed below
Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Le Sueur, Martin, Mower, Nicollet, Olmsted, Rice, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, Winona
How to apply and process:
· Fill out the application form by clicking the link below
· Await confirmation of admittance to program (applying does not guarantee admittance into program)
· If accepted, we will hold an initial meeting to gather additional information to help form your team.
· Meet with your team and begin working on bettering your farm business!
Ready to go?