Peaches and Blueberry Oatmeal
From Sara Freid, Lake City Catholic Worker Farm
“This is one of our favorite go-to’s for a special breakfast and my husband’s request for his birthday and Father’s Day. You can experiment with other fruit also, but this combination is delicious.” Sara Freid
- Combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Whisk together milk, canola oil, vanilla, egg whites & egg.
- Combine the oats and milk mixtures and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add up to 1-2 cups blueberries and 1 can (or 1 cup fresh/frozen) peaches cut into pieces.
- Pour into 11x7 (or I use 9x13) greased pan. Sprinkle 1/3 cup nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.